The Reality of Breed Specific Legislation

I've created this blog as a voice for the families who have been affected by Breed Specific Legislation in Ontario. Wonderful people have shared their stories and pictures with me regarding BSL and I thought they should have a permanent home somewhere. Some stories will break your heart and some will make you angry. This blog will never be open to comments or discussions of any kind.



If you would like to share this blog, please do. If this blog makes you want to act out against BSL, please write your MPP and voice your concerns.



If you have a story specific for Ontario, please share with me by writing to me at : lyndac@gmail.com and I will put your story on this blog.




Lynda Crawford

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

John and Rex


My family adopted a male puppy from the Niagara Falls Humane Society back in 1998 at the age of 3 months old . This dog was so cute and playful he was a Pit bull/Husky who loved children and his family.
I gave him the name Rex because it means King he was my best friend  for 14 years. In 2005 Ontario passed a law banning all "pit bulls" for the mistakes of humans. My dog was affected because now when i walked him i had to muzzle him out of fear. As he grew older his legs were starting to give out and he had cancer we had to let him go July 7 2012. As much as i loved my dog he couldn't be here living in pain. For the 14 years we had a loyal, smart and loving dog a dog is the way it's raised no matter the kind it is. How i am coping his death is by becoming a voice for all animals and attending protests to change this law. I can never replace this dog he holds a special place in my life.
End Ontario's ban on "pit bulls' and stop living in fear.